Inwords of the renovator himself, David Morris:
"All our friends told us we should submit [our remodeled bathroom] to a magazine... So I filled out the 10 page entry form and sent it in. [We] got a call around February to inform us we had won the “Best Bath” part of the contest. We won a thousand dollars and a spread in the May Issue of Better Homes and Gardens. The entire bathtub and all the fixtures were purchased through Vintage Tub. How cool is that?
We were also featured on a major network TV special playing around country now. We did all the work ourselves with exception of the wood floor"
Key points to replicate this bathroom:
- Classic Cast Iron Clawfoot Bathtub
- Double Sink VanityBucket to hold towels
- Victorian Wide Spread Faucets
- Beveled, Frame less mirrors
- Two-Piece Toilet
- Use Sconces for lighting
- Warm, welcoming flooring
- Darker wood
- Antique runner adds additional warmth, texture, and color
- Wooden panel walls
- Simple accessories