Here are a few tips to help make a small bathroom look bigger.
1. Always use lighter colors on the floor and walls. Dark colors close off spaces and make them look smaller than they actually are. Instead, stick with whites, grays, and beiges. If you prefer color use light green or blue accent tiles.
2. Use a pedestal or wall mounted sink. They're a great and attractive way to save space. Just remember with these sinks you'll have little or no counter space.
3. Choose simple solid patterns like glass and wood.
4. Hang a large mirror. I know. Why would you want a large mirror in a small bathroom? Well, they reflect space and make a small bathroom seem roomier. Also, you can try a recessed medicine cabinet. This way you get a mirror and extra storage space in one fixture.
5. Storage saving bathroom accessories are a must for eliminating clutter. Wall hanging storage accessories are a great way to save countertop space and conceal a lot of items in a little space.
6. The more light you have in your room the better. More light gives the illusion of additional space. Make sure you put the windows near the ceiling to avoid using up valuable storage space.
7. Pay attention to the little things. You should use a shower curtain instead of a glass sliding door. You can push the shower curtain over when you're not using it so you can see the wall, giving the illusion of more space.
8. Use your corners wisely. You can find bathroom cabinets and fixtures that fit into angle styles.
9. Clear extra floor space. Avoid protruding objects that stick out onto the bathroom floor. This will disrupt the flow of traffic through the bathroom and make the room look smaller.
10. Use crown molding for the illusion of a higher bathroom ceiling. However, make sure your ceiling and crown molding is painted the same color. This will create a more continuous flow through the room, rather than a choppy broken up feel.