Here are a few things on how to make a small bathroom look BIGGER!
1. Always use lighter colors on your floors and walls. We all know dark colors close off your space and make it look smaller than it is. I would steer towards whites, grays, and beiges (but if you want a little color use light green or blue accent tiles) just nothing too dark.
2. Use a pedastal or wall mounted sink. They are a great and attractive way to save space. Just remember with these sinks you will have little or no counter space.
3. Choose simple solid patterns like glass and wood.
4. A large mirror. I know. Why would you want a large mirror in a small bathroom? Well, they reflect space and make a small bathroom seem roomier. Also you can try a recessed medicine cabinet. This way you get a mirror and extra storage space in one fixture.
5. Storage saving accessories. Eliminate all clutter. Wall hanging storage accessories are a great way to save counter top space and they conceal a lot of items in a little space.
6. Windows and skylights. The more light you have in your room the better. More light gives the illusion of additional space. Make sure you put the windows near the ceiling to avoid using up valuable storage space.
7. Pay attention to the little things. You should use a shower curtain instead of a glass sliding door. You can push the shower curtain over when your not using it so you can see the wall. This will give the illusion of more space.
8. Use your corners wisely. You can find cabinets and storage fixtures that will fit into angle styles.
9. Clear the extra floor space. Avoid protruding objects that stick out onto the bathroom floor. This will disrupt the flow of traffic through the bathroom and make the space look smaller.
10. Use crown molding. If you want the illusion of a higher bathroom ceiling you can use crown molding around the edges. However, make sure your ceiling and crown molding are painted the same color. This will create a more continuous flow through the room rather than a choppy broken up feel.
How to make a small bathroom look bigger